Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Hello Anglers,


Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and had all your needs met. I want to thank all of you that fished with Reel Simple Fishing Adventures in 2010. You made my year fantastic and I appreciate it. It was a successful year despite a lot of adversity brought by inclement weather and the BP spill. Thank goodness the spill never directly impacted the fishing in the Tampa Bay area. I expect 2011 to be a great year as well. We closed out the year with some very good days on the water catching plenty of shark and small Redfish. We also had a few pretty good days fishing for Grouper, mostly Gags. Trout season was closed so we did not target them a lot. That was then and this is now. Trout are back in season a of January 1st and I expect to have pretty steady action with them this month. The Redfish and Grouper bite should be fair this month but remember that Grouper season is closed in federal waters. That does not effect me as I only fish for them in state waters on my charters. The shark bite will be steady all winter with a decent by-catch of cobia and a variety of other species. I can't wait to get the year started. I heard the other day an old saying that I will keep in mind all year long. "You can't control how you die, but you can control how you live". I'm gonna have a fun year. Until next time, good luck and be safe on the water. Remember: don't let your kid be the one that got away, take them fishing. Take care and tightlines.


Thanks again,
Ric



Capt. Ric Liles
REEL SIMPLE FISHING ADVENTURES
www.ReelSimpleFishing.com
www.ReelSimpleCharters.com
(813)601-2900
K9 FISHING RODS ~ feel the bite!
www.K9Fishing.com
(813)655-2800
CO-HOST - OUTDOOR FISHING ADVENTURES, ESPN Radio

No comments: