Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tampa Bay Fishing Report

Hello anglers,

     
        They say Islamorada is the fishing capitol of the world but I think it should be Tampa Bay. April was a great month and I would have to say my best April ever. That says a lot when you consider the state of our Snook fishery. There were a few slow days and one of those came with kids on the boat and that kept me awake a little that night. If you really know me then you know how much I like seeing kids catch fish. There were a few other minor bumps in the road but for the most part April was a big success as I was on the water 26 days. I look for May to be just as good maybe even better. The weather is getting to the point already that the shallow water fish are slowing down a little mid day but that has just pushed me to deeper water where it will not make as much of a difference. May should be good across the board with everything chewing. The Redfish and Tarpon are the species that I expect to get even better. With the crab flush starting on the full moon, the poons should take center stage. I hope to top last years 2 biggest Tarpon at about 175 lbs. The Kingfish are the specie that I expect the bite to get weaker as the smokers continue their migration north. It does not matter what you pleasure I think May has something for you. Not trying to pressure anyone but if you are considering a trip with me for May I am booking fast. Until next time, good luck and be safe on the water. Remember: don't let your kid be the one that got away, take them fishing.

 

If anyone is interested I have a couple of singles that are looking to share a trip with another angler.

   Bob Strozinski - Tarpon trip

   Ray Kress - Grouper trip

Let me know and I'll put it together.


Thanks,
Ric
  
Capt. Ric Liles
REEL SIMPLE FISHING ADVENTURES 
K9 FISHING RODS ~ feel the bite! 
Host - Tampa Fishing Outfitters Radio Show, CBS

5 attachments — Download all attachments   View all images  
RS0355.JPGRS0355.JPG
721K   View   Download  
RS0365.jpgRS0365.jpg
613K   View   Download  
RS0366.JPGRS0366.JPG
719K   View   Download  
RS0351.JPGRS0351.JPG
989K   View   Download  
RS0368.JPGRS0368.JPG
635K   View   Download  

No comments: