Monday, May 31, 2010

Hello Anglers,

It appears that we have rapidly gotten to our summer temps and I for one could not be happier. Every time I start to feel uncomfortable with the warmer temps I reflect back to January and it seems to feel better all of a sudden. May was a good month with the Mackerel and Trout bite continuing to be very strong. I look for June to continue to be a great month for Mackerel and Trout. In the past few days I have found a Shark bite that is almost non stop with 4-5 foot Black tips and Reef(sand) Sharks. I have not ran many Tarpon trips but I have been seeing them roll and anticipate a good bite in June. The Snook and Redfish bite should be fair during June but water temps will be high and they will be an early or late in the day target. If bottom fishing is your game you will like the summer as the Mangrove Snapper should be aggressive. Gag Grouper and Red Grouper are another option if bottom fishing is what you like. June is a great month to get out and enjoy the fun that Tampa Bay has to offer.
For those of you that keep up with Reel Simple Fishing Adventures thru the Laker or Lutz paper I will no longer be writing for them. Thanks for reading.

I would like to thank the ones that sent in a recipe for me to add to this forecast. I will be using them in the order that I get them and sending the submitter a discount coupon for their next outing. This month we have a recipe for Ceviche from Joe Postorino. Thanks Joe, your discount coupon is in the mail.

I have Fathers Day gift certificates available for anyone interested in giving their father a special day on the water. Anyone bringing their child and their father out on a trip will get a 10% discount on the trip.

Until next time, good luck and be safe on the water. Remember don't let your kid be the one that got away, take them fishing.

Thanks,
Ric



Capt. Ric Liles
REEL SIMPLE FISHING ADVENTURES
www.reelsimplecharters.com
www.reelsimplefishing.com
(813)601-2900
Co-Host - Outdoor Fishing Adventures, ESPN Radio

No comments: