Monday, May 3, 2010

Hello Anglers,

What a month! April was fantastic and I look for good things to follow in May as well. The biggest catches in April came at the expense of Trout and Spanish Mackerel. When the winds allowed us to get to the fish the bite was steady. I think we were able to get a few junior anglers hooked on the sport of fishing with all the rod bending that we had. You gotta love that. I am looking forward to May as I know the Tarpon are on their way. There are a few Tarpon here now but the bulk has not arrived yet. Water temps are still below normal but I saw 80 degrees on Sunday. The Grouper bite should stay pretty good. April was good but May should be better. The Redfish bite has increased and that just adds another play to the playbook. After the bitter cold Winter I was a little concerned about the state of our fishery but I feel much better now and only have concerns about our Snook. We are catching Snook just not as many as normal. One of my main concerns was how the bait would be effected, no worries there. The bait seems to be plentiful and healthy. Until next time, good luck and be safe on the water. Remember: don't let your kid be the one that got away, take them fishing.

I want to start sending a nice fish recipe with each forecast in the future. If you have one that you would like to share send it to me and I will put it in the report.

Thanks,
Ric


Capt. Ric Liles
REEL SIMPLE FISHING ADVENTURES
www.reelsimplecharters.com
www.reelsimplefishing.com
(813)601-2900
Co-Host - Outdoor Fishing Adventures, ESPN Radio


5 attachments — Download all attachments View all images
RS0343.JPG RS0343.JPG
856K View Download
RS0344-p.JPG RS0344-p.JPG
1129K View Download
RS0346.JPG RS0346.JPG
588K View Download
RS0351.JPG RS0351.JPG
510K View Download
IMG_0571.JPG IMG_0571.JPG
899K View Download

No comments: